Workout Programs

I had several friends who have been doing workout programs for years. They would take martial arts, yoga, Pilates, or aerobics. Some of them would even go dancing. All of these are valid workout programs, but I thought I should go it alone. I didn't want to hire a trainer or take a class. I just wanted to design my own custom workout programs.
For me, one of the most difficult things is making things easy for myself. I always have to feel like I'm working hard, facing challenges that other people don't face. I never take the shortcut. I never even take the road when I can ramble off through the bushes. Sometimes this provides for interesting challenges, but more often it just forces me to go through all kinds of frustrating complications.
What I didn't count on was getting hurt. If I had done one of the easier workout programs, this wouldn't have been an issue. It is hard to get hurt doing aerobics, or using a stationary bike. I was doing some serious off-road running, however, as well as mountain biking.

No comments: