Balanced Body Pilates

I was fortunate enough to live right by a Pilates studio. In the town where I live, there are not that many exercise places. It is a pretty meat and potatoes neighborhood, and so finding a balanced body Pilates class is pretty rare. I think I live next to the only one in the city. The first time I went there, I almost walked right out again. There were Pilates balance balls and all kinds of other silly looking equipment that seemed to have no place in an exercise class. All of the people in the balanced body Pilates class were housewives except for me. I felt like I didn’t fit in, and like the course definitely wasn’t for me....
.......It seemed so gimmicky to me. I had always stayed fit, after all, and had done it without any of those silly exercise trends. I just played sports. I shot hoops, I jogged a little bit, and I played football on the weekends with my buddies. If I hadn’t been seriously injured, it would not have even occurred to me to try balanced body Pilates.

No comments: